I’ve been really thrilled with the partnership I’ve built with Swiss Naturals this last year – it was perfect timing as I was seeking the push to really understand and start being proactive with supplements I could take to make me feel healthier.
Two months ago I visited the dentist for the first time in three years – twins and a hatred/fear for the dentist made me justify putting it off that long. Part of my hatred/fear of the dentist comes from the fact that I don’t have strong teeth in the first place and often have to have work done – work that makes me cringe to the bottom of my stomach.
Anyhow, I went to the dentist and found out I have like, five million cavities (apparently having babies leeches the calcium right out of your body, including your teeth – twins makes that whammy even bigger!) The biggest one required a root canal. After half the work was done I had to wait a couple of weeks to have the root canal completed and guess what, it got infected. As I tweeted and Facebooked about how wretched I was feeling on the antibiotics the resounding response I got was TAKE PROBIOTICS!
The solution to the ugh in my belly
Lucky for me I had just received the probiotics from Swiss Naturals so I started taking them and started learning about what probiotics are and what they can do:
- They restore healthy flora in the intestinal tract that die off naturally with sickness or antibiotics.
- Probiotics promote healthy intestines to ensure the digestive process is made as easy as possible on the body.
- Probiotics come in many strains. Taking a multiple strained probiotic, increases the likelihood of it working for you.
- Consider taking a probiotic designed for your age. Our bodies change over time so a probiotic that works for a child may not work for an adult or senior.
- Probiotic Age (the one I’ve been taking) offers 7 times more active cells than the leading probiotic yogurt.